OK let’s get pumped for Japanese! Here’s the plan for super happy fun Japanese learning:
- Find a tutor!
- Find tandem partner: http://www.conversationexchange.com/
- Audio lessons from
- Actually the NHK lessons are terrible. I’m using a paid service at japanesepod101.com which so far is awesome.
- Found a really cool guide to Japanese: http://www.guidetojapanese.org/
- The site doesn’t write Japanese words with the English alphabet (romaji). They make you learn the Japanese script.
- Learn hiragana and katakana using memrise — it works mate: http://www.memrise.com/course/1199/japanese-kana/
- Using a children’s book to learn to write hiragana properly. Ahem, see photo.
- Talk to Hiroko and Mayoko in poor Japanese until they are sick of me.
- Watch Japanese movies: Battle Royale (バトル・ロワイアル) f**king rad!
- Read Japanese book: The Wind-Up Bird Chronicle (ねじまき鳥クロニクル) by Murakami. Ok, it’s translated but whatever!
- Eat as much fish on rice as possible. Somehow I think this will help.
Any suggestions?! Leave a comment.